Yes, it was my birthday on Monday and I feel like it went on for days since I was treated to so many nice things! On Sunday, we went outlet shopping as I noted in my previous "penny-fiasco" post. On my actual birthday, I was surrounded with singing, cards, beautiful roses, and even a brand new iPod since mine is one of the original ones that came out several years ago. It'll be nice to have double the memory now (8GB) to load up more songs.
For my birthday, I had originally wanted us to drive into Georgetown to visit Georgetown Cupcake, which is the site of the TLC show DC Cupcake. But, I have heard that it is just crazy busy since the show began recently. I called that morning and at 10AM was told that the line was around the block already. It was a little cloudy out and looked to be threatening rain. So, we ditched those plans b/c I felt like it would be a disaster of an experience driving 30 minutes there, finding a place to park, waiting in line, etc.
Instead, we went shopping at Home Goods, one of my FAVORITE stores. I got some great things there to go in my new and improved family room, which I will leave you in suspense for a few days longer. That's because it's not completely finished yet and I want to wait to take photos. I ran into a precious little consignment shop that I hadn't know about and found some cute things in there. But Libby and Drew were literally like bulls in a china shop, so they had to wait with Daddy in the car. That meant driving over to the 7-11 across the parking lot for a slurpee (or a "Snoopy" as they called it). So, I only had about 10 minutes in there which wasn't nearly enough. Can't wait to head back there to see what treasures I can find.
The kids got to pick out my birthday cake and after Darrell vetoed the "Bob the Builder" cake from Baskin-Robbins, they decided to go to our brand new Dairy Queen by our favorite grocery store, Harris Teeter. Let's just say I am so glad they did. They picked out the watermelon cake we saw there on a previous visit and it was delish. It was an ice cream cake made of just soft serve vanilla & chocolate ice cream layers. In between was a cookie crumble with frozen fudge sauce that they dip the cones in. YUM! It was a great birthday to say the least! ;)
I missed celebrating your birthday! I'm so sad :(
ReplyDeleteBTW, CakeLove in Fair Oaks mall gives out free cupcakes on birthdays. Simply show them your driver's license and one delight is all YOURS.
Glad you enjoyed your day. Your cake looks DELISH!
P.S. Simply Divine would have loved to make something for you and your family. Birthdays are her favorite too ;)