Friday, March 4, 2011

Meeska, Mooska!

That's right- Libby and Drew have decided on a birthday party theme that suits both of them - Mickey and Minnie! I am happy b/c it will be really cute, but also because they were previously choosing Princess and Pirates. Not that those themes aren't fine- just that it would require a lot more planning on my craftiness part. ;)

We're going to have the party at Burke Lake Park this year. We went there when Libby and Drew were still babies and had a great time (unfortunately, they don't remember). But it is a nice place with a train and carousel right next to a nice playground. They have a cute little gazebo to rent out near the ice cream parlor. So, we're going to have lots of fun! Plus, being at the park, it really isn't that expensive at all.

Ok, so I'm so excited to start the planning! I just love this part!!! I'm ordering some cute Mickey and Minnie shirts from one of my vendors, Patty. Libby is going back and forth between a swing top and a regular t-shirt. She is so opinionated funny. Luckily, Drew just wants a t-shirt with Mickey. So, here's what I'm planning.. going back and forth between a cake or cupcakes. But I think blowing out candles on a cake is more fun, right? Plus I'll just order one from the bakery b/c I'm sure they have something Mickey. Well, the big mistake was looking on my favorite site, www.etsy.com It's a site for all things handmade. And there are some seriously crafty people on there!!! I just searched for "mickey party" and got all kinds of options ideas. I have a Cricut machine, which cuts different shapes and words out of paper. It's really cool. I found the Mickey cartridges for really cheap and can't wait for them to arrive.

More details to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...