Sunday, January 20, 2008

Let's All Say A Little Prayer...

for these things:
1. that they are just having a bad day and are NOT trying to give up their AM nap
2. that those darn teeth will just pop out
3. that their sitting will become more steady in the next 2 weeks (if not, our pediatrician will probably refer for physical therapy)

Ok, so I realize that the 1st 2 things are probably related, but both babies were so tired after our yummy breakfast, but just yelled and screamed and moaned before finally trying to get some sleep. This is unusual since they love their naps. I know they aren't getting quality sleep, though, because Libby keep waking up every few minutes moaning. Motrin didn't do the trick this time, so I'm wondering... are they just growing and trying to give up their AM nap or are they just being little stinkers? Perhaps a little of both?

It is sooo cold here today. One of those days where it's bright and sunny, but when you go outside to get the paper, you freeeezzze. But it is a little windy, too, which makes it worse. I'm not complaining, though. I've heard that the weather in Wisconsin (hello to Jill- my friend and another mom of twins) for the Packers/Giants game today is supposed to be -5 or something with wind! BRRRRRRRR! And Gretchen (my sister) in Atlanta sent photos yesterday of the all-day snow there on her birthday. They all had fun playing in it and even made a snowman:


I'm getting bored with baby food options here. I must admit that I use a lot of jarred baby food, but have also been giving the babies yogurt, graham crackers, Cheerios, puffs, crackers, and toast. Today we tried some shredded cheddar I had and they liked it. But it was the "fancy" shredded kind, so it was hard for them to pick up. So, I made my list and hope to get to the store today to buy some more cheddar, cottage cheese, and tofu (great source of protein). My friend Jill gave me the idea to crush the graham crackers or Cheerios and roll tiny tofu cubes into them for a yummy snack. We'll have to try this one. I tried advocados last week and eeewwww-- you should have seen their faces! But I will try it again.

My newest project, though, is trying to work on sippy cups. We've tried a few kinds and not much luck yet. I've tried water, water with a teeny splash of juice, and formula, but they're not into it. They tend to just try and chew on the spout or put their lips around it, but don't suck. When they do actually get some in their mouth, you should see their faces! With water, they act like it's brussel sprouts. With formula, they just get mad-- like, "Are you kidding me?" But I'm not worried yet. We still have some time and I know they will get the hang of it with practice. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,
    I couldn't reply to your comment so I will reply here. I got the tiles for the play pen online through Amazon.com...just search for "foam tiles" and you should get a few hits. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is their sitting going today? My other blogger friend, Joanna (from Kat and Brody), her son went/goes to PT for help sitting/crawling. I think he was about 10 mos or so before he started sitting. Maybe she would have some tips?? Her link is in my blog. I don't know how to link in comments. :)
    Thanks for the snow pics! I think its so odd that one area of USA can be sunny/warm and another snowy. :)

    Mine have times when naps go awful for a week or so and then it gets better. A week or so ago I thought they would never nap again, but they are back to good nappers now. Just keep up with the schedule.
    And I get bored with the food too. They get their 'favorites' and get stuck not wanting to try other things.
    The joys of mommydom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...