Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Our First Snowfall of 2009
It is the end of the 2nd quarter, so there was no school for students today. It was a teacher workday and I was to be in an inservice all day. When I woke up, there was already an inch or so of snow on the ground and it snowed pretty much all day. The superintendant let us leave at noon, so I was able to pick up Libby and Drew early. They didn't feel like napping at home, so we went outside to play. They both were just in awe at what they saw and Drew kept repeating "snow" and "mittens". Libby, however, just like to eat the snow! We borrowed a sled from Andi next door and went out to have fun. We were all beat after a little while and I must admit that my back is a little sore from pulling these big babies. I'm gonna wear my PJ's inside out and do another snow dance to have the day off tomorrow, too. Actually, it is supposed to warm up a little, but rain, sleet, and freeze on top of the snow. Sounds like a good mix for a day off to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun - look at your snow! I wish we got snow here :(. Hope you get more tomorrow and get a snow day!
ReplyDeleteThats a good amount of snow for you! Looks like a decent amount. I could live with snowfalls like that and then warmer weather shortly after!!! Good for you for taking advantage of it!
ReplyDelete