Monday, April 20, 2009

First Crawfish Boil

On Saturday we went to our friends Amy and Pete's house for a crawfish boil. Yumm-oh. It was Libby and Drew's first ever, but neither liked it. I suspected they wouldn't at this age, but it was worth a try. What they loved was looking at the live ones with Daddy and the other kids that were there. They are really imitating everything, so it was interesting to see them watching the other kids, who were between 4 and 11 years old. It's really cute to watch. I am so disappointed that we forgot our camera! Does it tell you something that I was more upset about having a boring photo-less post today rather than capturing our children's first experience with their roots?? ;) To dress it up a bit, I'm gonna add a photo from someone else's boil so you get the gist...

We were supposed to have our portrait session with Marirosa on Sunday, but the weather was iffy and Drew was crabby with a runny nose. So, we've rescheduled for this Saturday. I'm excited b/c the weather is supposed to be nice and we are going to a nice location called Rust Manor House and Nature Sanctuary. My friend Shannon recommended Marirosa to me as her family took their portraits with her last fall. They are actually on the website now! So, hopefully we'll look pretty enough to be on it next. ;) You know I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you went last year and posted about it! Of course, you didn't bring Libby and Drew. You have to keep that camera in your purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a crawfish boil - people here have shrimp boils. I'm not a fan of boiled shrimp though. So what does crawfish taste like?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...