Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Confession

I've done something that I said I would never do. Even when everyone else said it was okay and that they were doing it, I knew in my mind that it was just downright creepy and worthless to any human being. In society today, it's hard enough to raise a family, but then the problem with modern technology is that new warnings about products come out every single day. I mean, I had seen a commercial for a news story on how your automatic garage door could kill you. Ok, that's why the sensors are at the bottom, right? But back to my confession... before I had kids, I had so many opinions about others' children and thought that most of the bad things they did was a direct result of their parents' failure. Not any more. I said mine would eat vegetables and like it. I said they would not use a pacifier past age 2. I said they would not watch much TV at all, especially in the van. I said that they would listen and obey me because I'm the mom and I said so. So, I must confess that after a long and dreary Monday, we had simply run out of toys to play with and things to do inside. L&D had cabin fever and the house was a wreck! They were whining, hitting, and trying to break things, so I had it. I needed a release before I screamed myself. I needed 5 minutes to just check my email and have a glass of lemonade. This fatigue and despair brought me to the one thing I said I wouldn't do. That all other moms did before me and will most likely after. I figured it wouldn't HURT them necessarily, so I........ brace for it...... here it comes..... let them watch Yo Gabba Gabba. There, I said it. I thought the show writers were on drugs and that it had zippo educational value. But I turned to my children and there they were staring in amazement. Then they started laughing and dancing to the music. They had so much fun. So, I did something even WORSE today.... are you ready?...... I tivo'd it and let them watch it again... twice.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! I was thinking "what in the world did she do"??? You know we watch Yo Gabba Gabba:) I think it looks druggy too ... BUT I have found some educational value! Their songs teach a lot of good things ... not to bite, eat your veggies, be nice to animals, share and so on. They also do a lot of counting which B & F seem to like to do these days!
    As far as everything else you mentioned, we have to do whatever works with twins! It's so hard! B & F watch a lot of movies in the truck. We STILL put them to bed with bottles of milk and I am so scared to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Z&J watch it too. I like it when they boys sing the Nap Time song on the way to bed and I'm like, THAT'S RIGHT!!! Nap time baby! :) It's weird but they love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...