I've read a few books about these tough days of two's, including Making the Terrible Two's Terrific. Mostly, it's about normal development of them wanting to explore things, so the best remedy is prevention-- putting away delicate crystal and other temptations while also letting them just "play" with things that are safe. So, I've decided to let them tear the sofa apart- and they do it many times a day- and have a blast. They make choo-choo trains out of it, bounce on them, tackle each other on them, bury themselves in them, and play peek-a-boo. It's so much fun for them and hey- if it entertains them in a safe way, I'm all in!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Boy, are they TWO or what?
Drew is ALL BOY and ALL TWO lately- phew weee. It's been really tough lately, but I guess it just keeps us on our toes! ;) But what he's learned so well lately is also how to be a little lovey boy. He gives kisses all the time, whereas Libby barely offers you her cheek. He's trying to pucker and everything- it's so cute. He's also learned how to say, "Sorry, Libby" REALLY well since he's had soooo much practice! He's also hugging her afterward and it is just adorable. I was finally able to catch a photo of them the other day-- isn't it so sweet? 
I've read a few books about these tough days of two's, including Making the Terrible Two's Terrific. Mostly, it's about normal development of them wanting to explore things, so the best remedy is prevention-- putting away delicate crystal and other temptations while also letting them just "play" with things that are safe. So, I've decided to let them tear the sofa apart- and they do it many times a day- and have a blast. They make choo-choo trains out of it, bounce on them, tackle each other on them, bury themselves in them, and play peek-a-boo. It's so much fun for them and hey- if it entertains them in a safe way, I'm all in!

I've read a few books about these tough days of two's, including Making the Terrible Two's Terrific. Mostly, it's about normal development of them wanting to explore things, so the best remedy is prevention-- putting away delicate crystal and other temptations while also letting them just "play" with things that are safe. So, I've decided to let them tear the sofa apart- and they do it many times a day- and have a blast. They make choo-choo trains out of it, bounce on them, tackle each other on them, bury themselves in them, and play peek-a-boo. It's so much fun for them and hey- if it entertains them in a safe way, I'm all in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.