I left and drove past Wal-Mart since it's in the same shopping center. There were lots of cars, but looked like it wasn't too busy. I thought they didn't open til 5AM. Their sales didn't start til then, but apparently they opened early (or maybe stayed open all night) to avoid crowds and trampling. A woman at Toys R Us had told me that Wal-Mart would accept any competitor's prices as long as I showed the ad. So, I brought in my Toys R Us ad and found a few things. People were lined up and even sleeping in certain roped-off lines there. They spread these lines throughout the store in areas not too busy- like menswear and food. They gave out tickets and closed the line after the number of special products they had were accounted for. What a great idea. It was really controlled and they even let you leave the line to go to the bathroom if need be. You just gave them your name. But I wasn't interested in any $200 laptop or TV. I found some toys for other family members for really good deals here. I got some for $10 when they are normally priced at $24! As I went to check out after I could barely function from fatigue, I heard an employee saying that the computer was actually accepting some of the 5AM prices early. So, I had walked around fighting sleep to try and make it til 5 all this time! Sure enough, I used my Toys R Us ad and the other items did ring up at that crazy low price at 4:15 AM. Awesome!
As I headed home in the cold and drizzly weather, I drove past Target and Best Buy in the same shopping center. They weren't open til 5 and they had those HUGE crowds in front of them like you see on TV. It was strange seeing it in person. I said a little prayer for them at that moment... "Dear God, please let your people know that standing in 40 degree windy and drizzly weather at the very high risk of 1) being trampled, 2) being disappointed to find there are only 2 $100 laptops in the store, or 3) both... really isn't worth it. Please show them that being at home sleeping in their warm beds really IS what you should be doing at 4:00 AM on a Friday. Having said this, God, please be sure to be with me when I decide to do the very same thing next year. Show me that I'm just out of my mind and caught up in the excitement of saving $5 or so. Let me know that there really IS a better way. It's called Cyber Monday."
Oh, speaking of... Cayenne Paper has a 20% off discount all day today (11/27) and free shipping on $100 or more til 12/31! So get your shopping done the safe and warm way in the comfort of your own slippers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.