Yes, that's right. I should be wearing black today, however, I usually wear black every day anyway. But today is an especially sad day since it was my last Monday of my summer vacation. I start work 1 week from today and am not happy about it. Especially because my friend and co-worker, Leslie, and I found out that we have to move out of our office and don't have a location yet. So, once again as soon as we find a nice place to work, we get up rooted. It really is not fun moving every year.
Usually by this time, I am begging for that day to come since the kids and I are at our wits' ends with one another. But not this year. I'm felling empty today in particular. I think it is really because we were so busy all summer long and this week we really have nothing to do. I wanted to stay in bed in my PJ's all day. Fortunately, 2 little ones weren't in for that plan. But I must say that we did stay in PJ's until 3:00. I loved it!
Another reason I'm feeling down is because we didn't get to do half of what I wanted to do at home this summer. My list was:
- start their baby scrapbooks- not even close
- work on scissor skills (basic readiness and beginning snipping/cutting)- did this maybe once
- fully potty trained except during naps/bedtime as their preschool requires- still having accidents daily
- start working out with a brand new pilates set I got- still in the box
- keep house a little cleaner and save monthly house cleaning fee- not even close
- save money by avoiding eating out and cooking more- tonight we went to Chick-fil-a AND Dairy Queen
Now, don't think for a minute that I want to turn into some perfect 1950's housewife or anything. But it does get discouraging not completing even 1 item on your 10-week-long to-do list. That being said, I have done a lot of other things- like re-decorate the living room completely, recover an arm chair all.by.myself.with.no.sewing, get hooked on a ton of new blogs, and so on. So, I guess I shouldn't feel so bad today. Maybe it's just the weather- gray and rainy. Yeah, that's what it is. Let's hope there are sunny skies tomorrow on my last Tuesday of the summer. ;)
#7 - Have a play date with Brandon & Faith
ReplyDeleteLOL! Another summer went by again without us getting together! What is wrong with us?? It sounds like we need to get together so the kids can play and WE can start our baby scrapbooks! I am right there with ya!