So, Thanksgiving came and went and was extra special because Uncle Jeff (my brother) spent 2 weeks with us on his way back to Louisiana from New York, where he worked at a restaurant there for the summmer. He had a great time with the kids, although, I think he may never EVER want his own after being with 2 little terrors that I call my children.
Libby and Drew have been going through such a tough little "phase" (at least I'm hoping) with talking back, fighting with one another, forgetting what the words "wait", "share", and "no more candy" mean. It's been getting a tad better, but whoever said 3 was way worse than 2 should win a huge prize for being exactly right. I will tell you, though, that I am so grateful to God for giving us baby bedtimes that are earlier than ours. Not only because they get out of my hair for at least 10 hours, but really because there is nothing more precious than watching my babies sleep. I think God created this as a natural stress reliever for all parents. Suddenly all of that stress and anxiety and fear of what's to come is melted away with the quiet peacefulness of watching their chests rise and fall in either Lightning McQueen or Disney Princess PJ's in the light of their sweet little night lights. I can stand there for a while and just smile, remembering how just 4 or 5 years ago I begged God to let me have the chance to be a mother. I pleaded that I would be so good at it and would take care of a baby so well because I was meant to be a mother.
I am blessed to tell you today that not only did God listen to my prayers, but he replied... TWICE! Perhaps he thought I was REALLY meant to be a mom! Whatever His plan, I'm all for it. So, I say thank you to Him for the greatest gift I'll ever receive.
Twins are a double blessing - and early bedtime too! I love the moment when my boy and girl are finally asleep; time to sit down fifteen minutes and catch my breath before spending some time with big sister.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the moment before going to bed - checking on them, tugging them in and watching their peaceful faces...