Monday, February 6, 2012

And She Wored A Striped Shirt!

It's always exciting when you get the wonderful news about someone expecting a baby. My friend, Andy, is pregnant with twins and I just went to a baby shower for my friend, Kirsten. Plus my brother, Bryan, and his wife Erica are expecting their 2nd baby girl in March. Babies everywhere! New moms have asked me for advice/tips since I had Libby and Drew and it's a little tough since my memory is terrible. Thankfully, I have this blog. It really is like our baby book because I wrote so much detail about every little thing when they were little. So, my first bit of advice is to blog/journal because it's true- you WILL forget things. :)

I wanted to blog this cute "Libby'ism" from today (you know, before I forget)...


Since we have another friend named Andy, I often have to clarify with "Hayley and Kate's Andy" or "church Andy". Libby also refers to Andy-with-twins as "church CD Andy" since we have a New Life Band CD. After I told them I was having lunch with "church Andy who has twin babies in her belly" (say that 5 times fast), I decided we needed a shorter name for her. I told them her last name, and now they call her "Miss Andy Spray". So cute, even if it does make her sound sort of like some sweet little old lady- like the one from the movie "Up" (I tear up just thinking of that movie).

Darrell and I went to 1st service today so for 2nd service, I was in KidZone holding 2 crying infants at once (if you ever want practice for the twins, just come on by sometime). Libby and Drew wanted to go see "Miss Andy Spray" sing. They didn't tell me until afterward, but this was our conversation on the drive home:

Libby: "Mama, Miss Andy Spray sang so beautiful, didn't she?"
Me: "Yes, she does!"
Libby: "Yeah. She sanged 'Hosanna'!"
Me: "I know. That is my favorite song and I love when she sings it."
Libby: "Yeah."
{pause for some really deep thinking  - which means something good is coming...}
"And she wored a stripe shirt, Mama!"
Me: {smile}

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! So adorable! Want to know something crazy? My 8yr old (who LOVES pregnant mommas) told me during lunch after church, "I saw Andy today! She wore a striped shirt."

    What is that? Were our girls more enamored because of that top she had on? How stinkin' CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I love those little guys, Katie :) Who knew my stripped maternity shirt would be all the rage?! Just wait until my belly really fills that sucker out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...