Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Drew's Tummy
Darrell and I finally took Drew to the pediatrician today to talk about his tummy. He has always been a "happy spitter" and dribbled since he was born. But since we started solids, he has been spitting up more and now that he's started milk, he's vomiting some (sorry to be icky). He did not gain weight b/w 9 mos. and 12 mos. and is now below the 5th percentile for weight. The pediatrician wants to start with Zantac to see if it makes a difference. Originally we were loading him up with butter, yogurt, cheese, etc. to "fatten him up". She wants us to stop that and see if that combined with the Zantac will help. Hopefully it will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Does it seem he might be sensitive to dairy? Or just want to see about zantac?? You could try goats milk and see if his vomiting decreases since people intolerant to cows milk can often drink goats milk.
ReplyDeletePoor guy! I hope you guys figure out what the problem is, I'm sure that is very stressful. Kat is also below the 5th percentile and I'm always trying to fatten her up. Hope the Zantac works for you.
ReplyDelete