Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stomach Bug has entered

So we got the babies all dressed in turtlenecks and sweaters for our 20 degree weather today. Naturally, Libby threw up all over herself and Darrell just as she's all ready. We put her back in PJ's and D worked from home today. She had issues from both ends of her little body all day. Poor Dibba. Of course, once was on the carpet, too (when it rains, it pours)! But she was acting fine and played. Even ate a little banana for lunch. It's weird. I suggested the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet to Darrell for the day, but it looks like the American Academy of Pediatrics says we usually don't have to be this restrictive. But she can't keep anything down, so basically we'll take what we can get.

Drew and I stopped for some Pedialyte after leaving daycare. He had fun leaning back in the basket and staring at the lights. I had fun looking at his perfectly normal palate and alveolar ridge for probably the 1st time ever. But I was impressed that he was able to elevate his tongue to produce /l/ so nicely. That is a difficult sound usually not mastered by boys until around 6 or older. My little genius.

Libby woke up from her 3rd nap as we got home and she looked fine. But then she threw up almost on me this time. I think we were able to get about 6 ounces of Pedialyte in her and will try more tomorrow. But please send all of your thoughts and prayers over to our house so that none of us catch it next!!!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Libby. I hope it goes away soon and Drew doesn't get it. The stomach bug is probably the worst in my book, ugh. Glad that she is acting fine despite it, that is a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I pray and cross my fingers that Drew doesn't get it. Poor Libby:( Hopefully you and Darrell can escape it too! I have always followed the BRAT diet since Zach was a baby. I like it and it is easy to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puking is my #1 worst thing to deal with. I can handle diarrhea, rashes, fevers, colds... but puke is tough. I hope she gets well soon and Drew doesn't get it. /l/does seem like a tough sound for a little kid! N&C have trouble with /t/ and /l/ a lot. Of course /r/ seems to come across funny too. I'll have to look and see what the average ages are for sounds again. Its interesting. I think I would've really enjoyed being a speech therapist. Its so intriquing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...