
My Grandpa Carbon had 1 million uses for duct tape. My mom tells me that he used it on any and everything. Then again, he also painted their car with a paintbrush! Regardless, when he passed away many years ago, my mom and aunts and uncle found tons of rolls- some almost empty, some almost full all over his house. That makes me chuckle. Well, Grandpa, I'm thinking of you a lot today because we found yet another use of it that I wonder if you ever tried.
Turns out that Drew LOVES to be naked and is taking off his PJ's and yep- diaper, too- but let's not talk about that part-- every night now. He thinks it's so funny, but we don't. Libby is starting to join in, but she usually can't get her zippered PJ's off. But Drew can. Remember that he was the one that could get any shoe off, too. I used to order their shoes from Preschoolians.com because they had flexible soles and were made really well. Some were even described as so good that "even baby Houdini couldn't get them off". Well, looks like we have a baby even BETTER than Houdini since he got those $30 puppies off in a matter of seconds!
But back to the duct tape-- we've now resorted to using 1 strip of it on the front of their diapers to hold the tabs down nice and tight. For the past 2 nights, it's worked, but we often find him in bed with just the diaper on- pj's off of course. So, I'm going tomorrow to look for some footless zippered PJ's and will try putting them on backwards. HA- now that'll get you, baby Houdini! At least I hope. Oh, and for those of you who might think this trick is mean, well at least we haven't resorted to this:

...at least not yet anyway!
I think Jake is going to get a duct tape belt around his diaper at bed time because we keep coming in to find him naked. We cut the feet off of old zippered sleepers that didn't fit anymore and those are working for now but once they really get too small we might have to do the belt. ;) Good luck! :)
ReplyDelete