Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday Party Weekend

Columbus Day weekend was fun, especially since the weather finally got cooler and we had 2 birthday parties to go to. The first one was for Charlie Balderrama and it was at Chuck E. Cheese. We hadn't brought Libby and Drew there yet (probably b/c of the germophobe inside of me), so I prepared for the animated show with the big characters, Skee Ball (my favorite), and Tron. Well, let's just say that it has completely changed since we were kids. I felt like I could have a seizure at any moment with all of the blinking lights, noises, and over-the-top stimulation going on! Libby and Drew literally sat at the table and just stared around for about 10 minutes. Then they had cake and pizza and were reared up to go burn some energy. I played Skee Ball, but am sad to say I'm not as good as I used to be. But we did end up with 231 tickets at the end, so we were excited to get a good prize from the little store they have. Um... not so much. We got 2 crazy straws a cheapy stretchy heart bracelet for Libby and a baseball bracelet for Drew. And these cost 240 tickets!!! Luckily, the guy let us have them without paying extra. But we did get into the photo booth there and got this cute picture:

The next day was our next-door neighbor Kate's party. It was a girl pirate theme. I made her a hot pink and black tutu and a leotard with a rhinestone pirate iron-on. It came out really cute! I need to get a picture of her in it. It was a fun party. They had a face painter and sparkly tattoo artist there. I thought Libby and Drew wouldn't be too interested in that. But turns out they were. We made a door-hanger as a craft and of course had cake, too. It was a fun day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...