Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Get No More than I Can Handle

God only gives us what we can handle, right? Or at least that's how the saying goes. Well, I think I had my fair share yesterday! It was such a rotten day that when I woke up today, I prayed that it would just HAVE to be better. Luckily, it has been so far. But let me tell you about yesterday...

It started when I lost my cell phone somewhere along the way of my busy day of traveling to my offices, preschools, and home visits. It just drove me crazy that I had no idea where I left it. And I cleaned out my car, purse, and desk plus traced my footsteps a zillion times. No dice. At home, Darrell cleared out my car again, but no luck. It was aggravating, especially b/c all of my contacts are on it! And you know that we don't pay the extra $10 to have AT&T store all of that online for us. Well, it was just a crazy day of running around to all kinds of meetings and visits. I opened my calender at work only to find out that the bday party I had used as bribery for L&D to use the potty at daycare all day was actually NEXT Tuesday. Ok, what was I gonna do to make up for that mistake?

As I picked them up from daycare after I was just spent and tired, Drew started to run out the door without me, so I grabbed him by the shirt and as he stopped and relaxed, I let go and boom- he tumbled out on his face onto the sidewalk. He got hysterical and had a nice bump on his head. Poor thing!

We left and got home to play with my winter/snow unit's toys and puzzles that I had brought in from the car. They had fun, but loved dumping all of the styrofoam peanuts everywhere. Who could be mad when they were pretending it was snowing? Well, it was a huge mess. But no big deal. As I finally sit down on the sofa to catch my breath, Drew walks up to me saying, "Mama, pee pee's coming out." Yeah, and I forgot that he was wearing underwear and didn't take him to the potty as soon as we got home. Sooooo... cleanup duty began. I then broke the news about the party being next week. Sobs everywhere. We decided everyone had a rough day and didn't even go to our Bible study group that night. It was a night of pizza and ice cream, which is alright by me!

Darrell left shortly after to go to the AT&T store to deactivate my phone. I just had this feeling we should wait a day in case it turned up, but he wanted to do it in case my phone was dialing China or something. Good idea. I just used my old cell phone and it's just fine. It got us to also take off all of the data packages we have on our phones to save money anyway. Every little penny counts, plus it really is just a luxury to have email on my phone. I don't want to get in the habit of checking it in the car anyway. Plus I'm not a good texter at all. Fine by me.

I woke up this morning and said some extra prayers that today would be better. It really has been a good day. Libby sat on the potty this morning and actually made pee-pee for the first "real" time!!!!!! She has only done it once before and really by accident, so to speak. Poor thing has sat and sat and tries and tries, but I really don't think her body is ready. She doesn't seem to know when it's coming. But this morning she did and we were pleased as punch. She was so proud and told her sitter as soon as she walked into daycare this morning. I'm so happy for her.

My students and home visits have been nice today, and guess what... a man turned my phone in to the front office because he found it in the middle of the street yesterday. I think I may have driven away with it on the roof or something. So, it's back! Now my contacts are saved, too. I'm so relieved!

Now, let's just hope this good day continues for at least another 8 hours or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...