I am amazed at how many people have blogs just for crafting! I came across a few just recently and am now following several (look at the left margin for a list). I have already tried a few ideas and was happy to see that the Oopsey Daisy blog had this idea posted today. I had it in my mind for days and found some exampleds on etsy.com (awesome site). I actually made it last weekend.
This July 4th wreath took about 1 hr. to make and only cost about $10. I went to our new and fabulous Joann store in Fairfax and got some fat quarters of patriotic fabric. I bought some wire, too, but would recommend using a wire hanger instead since my wreath is a bit too floppy. But it adds to the charm, right? I cut the fabric into strips 1" wide x 9" long (and didn't care re. measuring exactly). I ripped the fabric into the strips (I just cut notches on the fabric piece 1 " apart and luckily fabric rips in a straight line). That was a nice stress reliever, too! I tied each one in a knot on the wire and added a gingham bow on top. I love its shabby, country look and think it looks great with my decorations I bought at Michael's last year. Enjoy!
I'm linked to:


I like this idea! I'm visiting over from funkyjunkinteriors. I'm hosting my first ever blog party and its all 4th of July-all Red, White, and Blue! I'd love for you to link up and share with me!
ReplyDeletehttp://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/4th-of-july-link-party.html
Hope to see you over at my place soon!
Kaitlin
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com