Friday, July 30, 2010
"She Looks Dorable Now"
Yesterday was quite a day for us. Libby had a terrible croupy cough the night before and woke up wheezing. I gave her a nebulizer treatment but about 1 hour later, she sounded bad again. We went to the pediatrician and let's just say it was a smart idea b/c she started really struggling and making sounds like I've never heard. They gave her steroids and another treatment right away. We waited but still wheezy (but at least not nearly as bad), so she had another treatment. After that one, still wheezing. So we went over to the ER and by then we figure the steroids started working b/c she got much better. They took a chest x-ray, but luckily no pneumonia. So we waited a little while longer and then headed home.
This morning she was coughing and wheezing a lot, but has gotten a little better with treatments every 4 hours. Darrell's dad has pretty bad asthma, so it does run in the family. But we were told that it is not diagnosed in children this young. Their airways are naturally small and sometimes as they grow, they outgrow the wheezing, too. Let's hope that will be the case with Libby!
We went out to Home Goods after her follow-up appt. with the doctor. I wanted to get out of the house, but Libby and Drew told me they wanted to "go do errands". Of course I managed to pick up a cartful while we were there. I love that store! Libby and Drew each got a 24 piece floor puzzle and Drew did his pirate one all by himself! He is getting better at them and more patient, too. Libby needed my help at first and usually gives up quickly, but she ended up doing all of her princess puzzle with just me encouraging her along the way!
After that, Libby put her pink monkey and favorite buddy, Dee Dee, "to bed for nap". Libby was so meticulous while doing it, talking aloud while getting each piece one at a time to set it up perfectly. When I told her I wanted to take a photo, she cracked me up when she added the shopping cart and said, "There, Mama, she looks dorable now!" She is such a hoot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.