In 2011, I bombarded my end table with books. Books that were mostly recommended to me by 1) friends 2) church 3) my church group 4) other books. Let's just say that this was not the way to go since I ended up reading several at one time, meaning that I didn't really comprehend much of 1 book. Luckily, Santa surprised me with a Nook Tablet this Christmas! This way, I can have all of my books (ebooks, that is) in one place. So, I can pull my Nook out of my purse in the waiting room or during my spare time (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha). I even loaded the Life Application Bible (NLT) on it, so I can now be more accountable for reading it more regularly. So, here's what I read, intended to read, or partially read in 2011:
One Thousand Gifts - ongoing
The Help - ongoing
Calming Your Anxious Mind - intended
Have a New Kid by Friday - mostly read
Believing God - mostly read
Women, Food, and God - ongoing
You Are Not What You Weigh - started
The Strong-Willed Child - mostly read
Breaking Dawn - started and not all that interested
Crazy Love - finished (via audiobook)
Love and Respect - finished (via audiobook)
Why the Nativity? - mostly read
Managing Your Emotions - intended
Here's what I have on my short list to read in 2012:
The Help - to finish so I can see the movie
One Thousand Gifts - it's really intriguing so far and The Nester highly recommends it
Believing God - very interesting
Women, Food, and God - good insight
I'm linking up to The Nester:












I too have read Love & Respect for my Marriage Counseling college course...never a bad thing to read and be intentional about! Thanks for sharing your list!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your book selection! I love reading and I too got a little gift from Santa (a Kindle). I have the one from Ann Voskamp which I started to read online at Amazon. Now that I have the actual book, I can't wait to finish.
ReplyDeleteI have all sorts of books. Books that I read in passing. Books that I read for study. Books I read while doing a bible study. Books that open my mind for digging into the bible, etc.
Point is, don't feel bad for all the books you have. Pick three, one from each type and read.
You'll find you have time to read them all depending on the minutes you grab in a waiting room or even set aside. It's a happy place!
Of course, reading your bible goes without saying. Give yourself that gift every morning before your kiddos get up.
You go girl! You Proverbs 31 woman!!!
I actually ended up seeing the movie before I finished 'The Help'-no shock that it took me longer to finish than it would have if I had waited! Am currently reading Geneen Roth's 2nd book- Lost and Found- very good. I haven't read the first yet but now I might.
ReplyDeleteI read the first Twilight book and struggled to get through it so haven't tried any of the others.
I LOVE my Nook too. I think I do read a bit more.
Loved The Help and One Thousands Gifts. And Love and Respect was really good too - I could stand to revisit that one. :) I really want to try to read Crazy Love this year!
ReplyDelete