Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas in Louisiana

We made it to Louisiana after a rainy 18-hour drive and have been having so much fun visiting family and friends. On the 23rd, we went to my brother, Tim's engagement party and met his fiancee, Christie's family. It was really nice and her family and friends were so nice. The food was delicious, too!

Libby and Drew are in for a big surprise when we get back to Virginia and there are no more presents to open. That's because we've seen different people every day we've been here and all have handed out presents to the twins. When we get back, I have to reorganize the play room once and for all to fit all these new toys in there!

We've managed to eat all kinds of wonderful foods and sweets and I need de-tox when I return. Libby and Drew LOVE playing with all of their cousins and watching that makes me wish we lived here. But I know we have wonderful opportunities career-wise up in Virginia. Who knows... we may end up back here someday. Darrell will certainly love being back to all the sporting events. So far he's been to a Saints Monday night football game and a N.O. Hornets basketball game!

Here are some highlights:




















The Engaged Couple (Christie and Tim)



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Libby - you and Stella and your shared obsession of all things Hello Kitty! Good thing I love Hello Kitty, too - since it's everywhere. And thanks to Sanyo's licensing department for making it available in every single product in every single store!

    You win, by the way on the hours you clocked on your road trip. We did 13ish hours to FL - I thought that was the max. 18 is...well, wow! Did you drive straight through or make stops? It's exhausting, isn't it? But you can't fly w/ all the stuff you have to haul. We hauled a play kitchen back w/ us!

    As for wishing you lived in LA...I'll never forget Katie McG's (don't want to spell out her full name) mom once telling us when she lived in DC and I lived in NY that perhaps if we lived in the same town, we wouldn't be as good of friends still to this day. I didn't understand that then but I do now. You appreciate things more when you don't have it every day - and if you had it every day, it might not be as you'd imagined. So there's my little tid-bit to help your homesickness. Happy New Year!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...