L&D are 18 months old today, so I guess I should start calling them toddlers now (especially since they are both walking, too). Libby is walking everywhere and Drew is taking more and more steps, but still prefers crawling if he needs to be somewhere in a hurry (like to take something away from Libby). We had their 18-month checkup on Friday and everything looks good. The latest stats:
Libby: height= 31.5" (50th %ile), weight= 24 lbs, 9 oz. (50th %ile)
Drew: height= 33.25" (65th %ile), weight= 22 lbs. (5-10th %ile)
Although Drew is still small in weight, he has gone up on the charts, so that's good news. He's sprouting, though, in height, so I hope he's not too much of a skinny lanky kid! Dr. Shannon is pleased with their language, motor (better late than never), and overall development. She said we could try peanut butter and shellfish now. I'm so happy because I just know having 1/2 of Darrell's genes means they will LOVE peanut butter. Of course, I craved anything with p.b. when I was pregnant and love it today (wasn't so much of a fan before pregnancy). We had p.b. toast for breakfast today and they ate it up.
We decided to introduce a regular cup today. They had fun experimenting. I figured they were ready for a regular cup since they try to drink the bath water from any container that will hold water in any capacity. Gross-- we don't know what's in that water (well, we do, but don't WANT to know)! Anyway, here's some cute video of Drew being intrigued by the cup:
Happy 18 months! Funny! I just posted about new sippy cup lids that I bought that more closely resemble a cup rim. The boys are doing great with them so I guess we're on our way to the switch as well! :)
ReplyDelete