Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had such a great weekend! On Saturday, we decided to go to Burke Lake Park, which is only about a 30-minute drive. I have heard from several people how fun it is to have a picnic, ride the train, and ride the carousel. So, we packed up, headed to Subway for sandwiches-to-go, and drove down there. It was a beautiful day-- sunny without a cloud in the sky and about 70 degrees. It was fun having a picnic on our blanket and I think L&D were stunned to have so much freedom to run and explore. I'm so happy we got our Baby Signing Time Volumes 3&4 DVD's because one teaches signs for leaf and tree. We got to use those (along with the one for train) a lot! We liked it so much there that we are looking into having their 2nd birthday party at Burke Lake Park. I know that is 6 months away, but I think it would be a lot of fun to celebrate there!

After that, we went to Cox Farms down the road and bought a pumpkin for our front porch. We ended up with 2 other mini pumpkins for 2 special toddlers, too! I planted some mums and decorated for Halloween today, so we are ready for some trick-or-treating!

Here are photos from the park:


A short video from the train (they were both so tired by this point and were just looking all around):

3 comments:

  1. How fun! That looks like a great spot, and even a better place for a bday party. We had Kat & Brody's 1st bday at a train park and it was a blast. You are on the ball with decorating and planting for fall. I need to do that. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great day!! Oddly, I've never been to Burke Lake Park; I'm definitely going to have to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pictures! Oh my gosh, flash back!! I used to go to Burke Lake Park all the time in high school. We would lay out and tan in our bikinis and go at night to make out. How funny is that!! Oh good times.... I miss Fairfax so much this time of year. I just love fall!!! My 20th high school reunion is there in a few weeks. I'm not going though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...