Sunday, October 12, 2008
Croupy Cough
When I picked up the kids from the sitter on Friday, I noticed Libby had a very runny nose and seemed sleepy. She ran and ran and ran like a faucet and then Saturday night she woke up at about 11PM with the worst barking cough I've ever heard. This scared her, too, because she started crying a lot and it sounded so awful and hoarse. We took her out into the cool night air and sat on the swing for a while. That helped immediately-- I was really surprised. We went back inside, sat with the humidifier, and watched Florida spank LSU. It was not a good night. We put her back down at around midnight and to our surprise, she slept all night until 8:30 AM. This was such a relief. She's still a little crabby and her nose continues to run a marathon, but she's doing a lot better. Unfortunately, she'll have to miss the 2 bday parties we were invited to today. I'm going to take Drew to the 1st one (a carnival) and Darrell will take him to the 2nd one (with a balloon artist). He should have fun time getting some one-on-one time with Mommy and Daddy today. Uh, oh--- as I type this, Darrell is bringing them up for a nap and just informed me that Drew's nose is running like hers was on Friday. Oh no!! Maybe we'll have to ditch the parties after all. :( But there will be more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! Not good! We had croup this week too! They actually put Eli on a steriod and he was like a new baby the next day!!! I hope they are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI hope things are okay at your house! Croup coughs aren't nice. Let us know how the kids are!
ReplyDelete