Today was special because I got to spend some more one-on-one time with Drewsie. He has been the worst crab for the past week. Mostly he's been testing the limits, but he's starting to hit, too. Oh no! So, to avoid more frustration for him during playtime, I decided to take him with me to Target.
It was so easy to load him in the cart (since Target's carts don't have double seats, so I rarely take both babies there by myself). Just as we were all buckled into the shopping cart seat cover, I noticed 2 boxes at the bottom of the cart. Someone had put it in the cart corral outside and forgot their 2 boxes of lighted Christmas garland. I pictured myself running around in the minivan and getting all the way home only to find I left something in the cart. It COULD happen! So, like the Good Samaritans we are, I brought it inside to the service desk. They must have a lot of unfriendly people at that Target b/c the clerk acted like I was turning in a one-million-dollar bill (which I'm sure exist) and thanked me like 100 times. Hey-- my parents raised me right-- not to mention the garland had multi-colored lights and I'm more of a plain white-light-garland fan!
I tried not to go toward the Xmas or Halloween sale sections, but just couldn't stay away, especially when I saw the 90% off sign on Halloween!! Well, there was nothing left but some bags of candy corn (and not the good plain kind-- the weird chocolate and other flavored kind-eeww)and a few dog costumes and ugly costumes. There was a woman in one of those wheelchair carts who was taking almost all of them (and I mean like 50 of them). I wondered why and then realized how smart she was. She'll probably sell those on ebay next year for a nice profit. I did that with L&D's costumes from last year and got $10 for each one. Best part is I only paid about $15 for each one. Not bad! Back to Target...I rummaged through some costumes and found a cute pumpkin one size 3T-4T mixed in with the dog costumes. Here's the best part-- it was $1.29!!!!! So, in a couple of years, you will most likely see some pumpkin costume photos on this blog.
I was so amazed to hear just how much Drew's language is exploding lately. He pointed to so many things and named things on high shelves that I never would have seen. His favorites were: pumpkin, cheese, milk, neyyyy (horse), fish (Goldfish crackers), Elmo, Cookie (as in monster), ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, and ball. And there were balls everywhere-- ornaments, bouncing balls, ball lights, even the ball vacuum by Dyson! He found every spherical shape in that place! He loves to point out pumpkins, so I decided it was time to move on to Christmas vocabulary. We looked at Santas and snowmen. He loved the big giant light-up ones the best. I'm just hoping those won't make it to our lawn some day...
We stayed on target (no pun intended) and got out of there to head home. And the funny thing about karma... it came back to me for turning in the garland...I realized when we got home that the cashier only charged me for 1 of those big storage tubs instead of 2. Woo hoo-- that saved us $5.49! ;) Don't worry, Target... I'm sure I'll be back to spend that and then some.
Thats so cool! He is really taking off. And what a good samaritan returning the garland. I like white lights too. :)
ReplyDeleteHow nice for you and drewsie :). I did that with Brody not too long ago and it was so easy just shopping with one. And nice one on one time. Don't you love Target deals? I got Brody a costume but it was only 75% off. I figured it probably wouldn't make it to the 90% off day. Pretty sweet deal on the karma too :).
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed your one on one with Drew. I need to do that more with the boys. And speaking of being a good samaritan, the cashier at Target forgot to give us one of our bags and I didn't realize until I got all the way home and was putting things away. I called and they couldn't find it...I was bumbed because it was like $30 bucks! They put me on hold again and came back and said that another customer had gotten our bag and just brought it back! PHEW!! I paid it forward at my garage sale this weekend when a woman gave me 2 $20's and she insisted that she only gave me 1. She finally agreed and was really thankful that I was honest with her. It felt good. :)
ReplyDeleteI would have done the same thing ... and you are right, not a lot of people return things any more. Someone at a Target stole my Mother in Law's COMPLETE cart of stuff while she went to get her car!! Don't ask why she left her cart, that's a good question. Target was nice enough to replace everything she bought.
ReplyDelete