Happy Thanksgiving!! This year we stayed home and cooked our own meal. I got some good healthy/low-cal recipes online and almost completely fooled Darrell into eating cauliflower as mashed potatoes. I was so close in succeeding. But he just had to walk into the kitchen when the cauliflower was boiling and asked what it was. I am so very proud of him b/c he actually took some and ate it. It really does fool you since it really tastes like regular mashed potatoes. I actually put 2 small red potatoes in with it to help with my disguise.
Being home and cooking for only us was really nice (and a lot of work), but I have to admit that I was in my PJ's most of the day in the kitchen. What could be better? We dressed Libby in her orange pumpkin dress and tights and she looked adorable in her new black Mary Janes. But we didn't take any photos since Darrell and I were still in our PJ's!
But it wasn't the best day ever since poor Drew is still suffering from a nasty virus. He started running fever Monday morning and has been MISERABLE ever since. I think he's cried more these past few days than he has in his entire life. It's no fun watching your baby like this. Mostly he's been laying around or sleeping or just trying to figure out what he wants. He finally ate a graham cracker and a vanilla cookie over the span of about 2 hours this afternoon. But, luckily, he's been drinking lots of milk, so he is getting some sort of nutrition. The doctor yesterday said that it was most likely just Roseola and to expect a rash in a few days. OR if not, it may be a urinary tract infection. Oh no! But thankfully on Thanksgiving Day, the fever ended and the rash appeared. I've never been so happy to see a rash on my baby before because it just means that the virus is on its way out the door. Remember when Libby had this earlier? She must have had a milder form of it or something b/c she had a slight fever one day and the rash the next. And she acted normally the whole time (which is usually fussy and irritable-- he he he). I am hopeful that my little Drewsie is back to his sweet and happy little self in the next day or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.