Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year! We stayed at our home, rather than travel to Louisiana, and it was great. We missed our other family members, but loved waking up to our own tree with just the 4 of us. On Christmas Eve, we went to our church service and tried to go to our previous church's service right after, but that didn't go over so well. We ended up having to leave and I bet most of the congregation there was happy since they were so loud and cranky! We went home to prepare for Santa right after... cookies - check, milk - check, carrots for reindeer - check, putting our shoes out - check, Santa pj's on - check, reading of The Night Before Christmas by Daddy - check, sleeping babies - check (after a little while of talking and playing in the cribs). Santa was busy most of the evening, but managed to pull it all off successfully.

Christmas morning was a lot of fun. We had so much to open and everyone was happy with their gifts! As usual, the kids got TONS of stuff and are having a ball playing with it all. Their aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents also sent gifts, which made for a very nice assortment of TOYS. We truly are blessed!

Here's what everyone got:
Daddy: LSU notepad, Saints jersey, DVD, LSU blanket, picnic cooler tote (to share with Mama), zoom lens for our Nikon SLR camera (to share with Mama, too)

Mama: the lens and picnic tote to share, some health food books, pretty peridot (my birthstone) earrings and Irish pendant, and a Roomba (AWESOME robot vacuum)

Drew: LL Bean monogrammed tote, basketball hoop, Plasma car, Lightning McQueen/Cars toys, Toy Story PJ's, Leap Frog Tag Junior player and books, Robots DVD movie, "band in a box" musical instruments, Animal Planet Chimp stuffed animal and DVD, a life-like white tiger cub, a Lightning McQueen ornament, Dr. Seuss LSU t-shirt, Yo Gabba Gabba dance mat

Libby: LL Bean monogrammed tote, Little People house, play microwave, blender, coffee pot, tea set for their play kitchen, wooden play food, Minnie Mouse PJ's, Leap Frog Tag Jr. system and books, Leap Frog DVD, play doctor kit, stuffed pig and If You Give a Pig a Party book, a life-like cheetah cub, an Elmo ornament, Dr. Seuss LSU t-shirt, Yo Gabba Gabba dance mat

I have to say that with all of this (and I'm sure I forgot some), their favorites were the Santa and Cars socks and light-up toothbrushes from their stockings! Guess I shouldn't be upset that they like toothbrushes, right?

Here are some photos:







1 comment:

  1. I saw you at Christmas Eve service... I was across the aisle but up a few rows. Funny cause I looked for you after and couldn't find you! But I never heard anything or saw you leave?? I was in the middle of the row so I guess that was why! You could have dropped off L & D in the kidzone with B & F. I joined them after to help out with 2nd svc kidzone.
    Looks like a lot of cool new goodies! (for mommy & daddy too!)
    Brandon received buzz lightyear pjs. He loves Toy Story and Cars too! He did get some cars toys from someone..
    I just LOVE the matching pjs they are wearing! You always have Libby's hair so pretty:) Faith gives me such a fight!
    BTW - I got the Scrapbook Deluxe 4.0 software. How fun! Have you used dig scrapbooking before? Do you think we can put cardstock in our printers? I can't imagine having a pretty page on a piece of paper. I will have to play around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...