Thursday, January 7, 2010

Frugal Fanny


I've been clipping coupons for a while now, but either don't need the item, let them expire, or forget them at home. Basically, I've only saved a little bit at the grocery store here and there. WELL, not today, sister! Harris Teeter is offering double coupons for those up to $1.98 in value this week. I clipped a bunch, plus checked the ad (never done before) for items on sale to stock up. I went today and bought some kitchen counter cleaner for 50 cents, 3 boxes of cereal for $1 each, slice cheese for $1 a pack. and and tons of other deals! You won't believe it, but I saved $93 just from coupons today. Yup, that's right- ninety-three dollars and seventy-four cents. I got an entire basket FULL for $130, which is really good for about 2 weeks of groceries. I used about 22 coupons and my favorite part was watching the pretty impatient man in line after me. The cashier said out loud, "Mrs, Tardiff, you saved $93.74 today," and suddenly his mouth fell open. I just replied to her, "Not too shabby." So, impatient man, I am sorry I made you wait a little longer, but to me, it was worth it! I'm so proud of myself that I just had to share. If you're in the neighborhood, you might want to check out this sale!

2 comments:

  1. aw, that makes me proud!!!!! :) good job!!! check out frugalcouponliving.com for some great tips and she even does a list for the stores that tells you whats on sale and when the coupon was out!!! saves a lot of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOOOO!!!!! I am SO glad I saw the commercial on tv! I really didn't have the $$ to go major grocery shopping, but I still went thru my coupons, made a plan and went shopping! We had not been to HT since Stone Ridge. It was nice! I think I told you, I only saved $39, but that was still a lot:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...