Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feeling Gray Today

Last night, while I was brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed, I saw "it". And when I say "it", I mean perhaps the worst thing that can happen to a woman in their mid (ok, really late) 30's. I know many others, including my brother, Jeff, experienced this much earlier than I did and I never really thought much about "it". Some others go through it even in their 20's, but no big deal- at least for me. I had Darrell even take a look to make sure "it" was really "it". And after looking at "it" from several different angles and in different lights, he decided it needed to be removed to confirm that "it" really was "it". He giggled since he's gone through it already, too. But not me. I sort of held on to the fact that it may not happen to me until MUCH later- you know when I was "older", in my mid to late 40's. Well, guess I wasn't prepared for it, but "it" is here and here to stay. What is "it", are you wondering? Well, "it" reared its ugly head on my head and "it" is just what you may have guessed... "IT" IS A GRAY HAIR! There, it's out there... in the universe for all of those 5 people who actually read this blog to see (and most likely laugh about). I am officially "old'ish" now. But I like to say aging gracefully. I mean, my neck still looks young with hardly any wrinkles. When my neck starts looking like a chicken's, then I'll consider myself "old"! I figure I have at least 5 years or so to prepare.

2 comments:

  1. GURRRL! I've had gray hair since I was 19. Then by the time I was 26, I really needed to consistantly color my hair. I used it as an excuse to have fun :)

    I've had black hair, red hair, light brown hair, highlights, low lights and everything else in between. It's just hair.

    Enjoy your first real "permission" to have fun with it! See ya next week...blondie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha - I've experienced IT this year too. I think twins are a big cause of IT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...