Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Princess Party

Today was our friend Sydney's 6th Birthday Party. It had a Princess theme and it was adorable. Guests were supposed to wear their princess attire, so we bought Libby a Cinderella dress. I was a little nervous that she might not want to wear it since she's going through that "I HATE DRESSES" phase. But since it was a CINDERELLA dress, that's a whole other story! Luckily, we had the Mickey Mouse crowns from Disney on Ice, so Drew wore that and was the cutest little prince. He was such a good sport.

We were so excited when we arrived because Cinderella herself was there! Libby stood there like a deer in headlights for quite a while. She was in heaven. It was so cute to watch her. She barely spoke and just stared at her like, "You are the most beautiful princess in the world!" Sydney's mom, Saleena, wore her wedding dress with a tiara and all of the other moms wore ball gowns. I somehow didn't get that memo, so I was sportin' it in my jeans and ponytail. That's probably a good thing since I don't even own a ball gown! Cinderella sang songs, gave each guest a princess certificate and said, "Bippity, Bobbity, Boo," to them. After pizza at the pretty table, Cinderella painted faces, too. We had her paint Libby's hand with a purple unicorn (her choice). She was in love. Then Cinderella cut the cake and handed it to each guest. Libby and Drew both kept telling me over and over, "Cinderella gave me cake, Mama!" When Cinderella had to leave, they kept asking me where she was going, so I told them she had to go home to cook dinner for Prince Charming at the castle! Then they kept repeating over and over that Prince Charming was hungry. What a fun day!


Deer in headlights:


The Birthday Girl:


2 comments:

  1. SO ADORABLE!

    I have a feeling she might be "needing" to wear her princess much more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby is beautiful in her dress! What a great looking party. Every girl's dream:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...