Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family Room Re-Do

I realized I never showed photos of my family room re-do from this summer. The walls before (and I'll try to surface photos) were a peachy color that has bothered me since we moved in. We honestly never had the time to paint and I finally decided to do it, much to Darrell's chagrin. I went thrifting and with the help of a few blogs, like the fabulous Nester, I got a few ideas and stayed on a budget. I splurged on Benjamin Moore paint because I've really had the most success with it. I added lots of thrift store finds (most of what is on the mantle and the solid, HEAVY fleur-de-lis sconces above it - yeah, those were $2.95 each at Goodwill!!) and some cute things from Home Goods (the green bird in the tree cabinet, the toile ottoman seat), and Michaels (the candles, the white flower vase and feathers).




The color is a soft green, which was surprisingly easy to find (it can be tricky not to end up like a baby's nursery). It's #493 Harbour Town by Benjamin Moore. I went to Joann and found some sun/shade fabric for 70% off and voila- my window mistreatments were born! I have since bought some ivory bed sheets to hang behind them since they are pretty sheer in the sunlight. The center valance and matching throw pillows (green and brown) are from Lowe's.


My next project is to paint the buffet behind the couch. I bought it for $100 at an auction 4 years ago. I sort of wanna ditch it, but it does hold tons of stuff that wouldn't fit anywhere else. Any ideas of what color? I might use Nester's Favorite Tan by Sherwin Williams. Still need to ponder this one...

I'm linking up with The Nester's linky party about paint colors, so take a look!

1 comment:

  1. I L-O-V-E those fleur-de-lis sconces! $2.95! Amazing deal!

    I'm a new follower after seeing your room on The Nester's post about paint colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...