Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yummy Fiber One Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Libby has had an upset tummy lately, most likely from all of the candy and junk that's been around for Valentine's Day (and it's not even here yet). They had a preschool class party on Friday and treats at daycare afterward. But Monday is the real party for daycare.

I found a recipe for Oatmeal Raisin cookies and decided to try them out. I was surprised b/c they are really, really good! Not too sweet but not like a piece of high fiber bark! Just right. I made them big and they were yummy and crumbly with a nice cold glass of milk. Mmmmmm. Try them!

1 c. softened butter (I used half margarine and half butter)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbs. milk
1 large egg
2 c. flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 c. quick cooking oats (I only had about 2 cups)
1/2 c. Fiber One original cereal (crushed)
1 1/3 c. raisins
* I threw in about 1/2 c. of peanut butter chips that I had along with a couple of tbs. of applesauce to keep them moist

Heat oven to 425. Cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla, egg, and milk. Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon and add gradually. Add cereal and oats and stir just until blended. Fold in raisins and peanut butter chips. Drop onto cookie sheets (I made big mounds)and bake for 12-14 mins. Enjoy!

I'm linking up to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...