L&D have been having some strange sleep habits this weekend. They usually take 2 long (2 hr.) naps and sometimes a short 3rd one during the day. Then they go to bed at 7 PM and sleep until around 6 AM. This weekend they've both been refusing to take that morning nap and the afternoon one yesterday was literally 30 minutes. They went to bed at the same time at night, but then Drew kept waking up suddenly every so often with a strange, "I'm in pain or scared" cry. I finally went up to console him and he looked so sad and scared. I picked him up and then he started smiling and laughing and trying to get out of my arms to play on the floor. That rascal! Too bad for him that his momma is such a meanie because she didn't fall for that and put him back to bed after a kiss and hug. He tried it again a little later and when D went up he was really crying and chewing on his fist and drooling all over. Those teeth. A little dose of Motrin and a hug and kiss and he slept like a baby the rest of the night. Today he has a terrible runny nose, so maybe he's not feeling so great.
We're going to a birthday party today, so I'm excited to get the babies out of the house for a little while. They should have fun playing with all of the other kids, too. Then it's back home to watch the Super Bowl. I don't really have an opinion either way on who wins. But I usually like to watch the halftime show. It's Tom Petty this year, which might be pretty neat to see. Guess they're stearing as far away from possible "wardrobe malfunctions" now!
I just got a text message from my brother Jeff saying that he was heading to the Bacchus parade in New Orleans. I'm so jealous! But luckily, Darrell's mom mailed us a king cake yesterday and I've been putting myself in a sugar coma ever since. Yummy! So, to you Louisianians-- Happy Mardi Gras! But to everyone else, happy regular ole Tuesday. Mardi Gras is so early this year (Feb. 5) since Easter is early. It's pretty cool because it also falls on Darrell and I's 8th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. Not to mention that we've been together for 13 years now. WOW! I thought I'd reminisce and post a picture of us from the big day back in 2000.
Geez, my hair was so much lighter. Oh yeah, that was when I would spend ridiculous amounts of money on highlights and fancy shampoo. Now my idea of luxurious shampoo is a 5-gallon bucket of Pantene from Costco. And I'm not talking the separate shampoo and conditioner... no, I mean the all-in-one. Now that's fancy!
You have a humerous writing personality Katie. :) I like it! I was reading to my husband, Jason, about your shampoo and he was chucking. You two looked great on your wedding day! I think you look good with the blondish hair too.
ReplyDeleteAnd your days on cuddling in bed sound about over. I think that is when ours started to do the alligator death roll instead of sleeping with us. Now its about impossible because they could crawl right off the bed. Must be those teeth. I got into a habit of giving them Motrin a few nights in a row when it seemed the teething was at its worst. And that Motrin costs an arm and a leg!
p.s. thanks for your post on TMMB. You made me cry! You are such a sweet friend. :)
I had to laugh at the hair comment too. I used to spend a lot of money on my hair, now with twins I just go to my neighbors house! You guys look great in your wedding picture! 8 years is a long time - 13 years is even longer. That's so great you've been together for that long. And now look - you have twins who are not too far away from being 1!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see a picture of you on your wedding day! Very pretty. It's hard to remember that we used to be childless and even single at some point in our lives. My anniversary is coming in 2 months. I'll post a picture too!
ReplyDeleteOH yes, this has been a recent occurence for us too. We used to feed the babies in our bed and then they would fall back asleep. Now they are wide awake and roll or scoot all over the bed, trying to take a flying leap off the sides. So I have been bringing them downstairs in the mornings to look for other activities.
ReplyDeleteYour wedding picture is gorgeous!!
I am with you on the hair... My hair is always up now, never done and I buy cheap cheap shampoo at walgreens.