Monday, February 11, 2008

Ear Infection-- boo hooo

Can you believe that neither Drew or Libby have an ear infection, but I DO? I started having some fullness in my ear on Friday night which escalated into the worst pain ever-- I mean EVER-- all weekend. I went to the doctor today and as I suspected-- Otitis Externa. Which basically means an infection in the outer ear. We suspect it got irritated somehow (from Qtips-- yes, I am guilty) or maybe some water or shampoo got trapped in there and boom--- infection. It's what's also known as "swimmer's ear" and it HURTS. Thankfully, no ear drum rupture from which she could see (b/c the canal was swollen shut). I actually have been taking the strong ibuprofen they gave me after my c-section and it's barely helping. But I was prescribed some antibiotic drops and should feel better within a few days. But I can't afford to take off more time from work, so I'm going in tomorrow with a blocked up ringing left ear that throbs. Lovely. I can tell you something, though-- I do have a whole new respect for babies and children that go through this multiple times and can't communicate what's wrong. Holy cannoli! I'm gonna make sure I keep a careful eye on it for L&D.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! That's crummy! :( I haven't had an ear ache since I was a kid but I remember the pain when my ear drum popped. OUCH!!! I hope you're all better soon. And as for the comment you made on my blog...I agree, TC is the weirdest guy ever! Cute, but weird. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH!! I thought for sure it was D or L when I read the title! I am guilty of using q tips too. Sometimes I get ear aches and when I do, I pour a cap full of peroxide in that ear and hold it for a minute. I don't know if I am supposed to do that or not, but it has always helped:) I hope you feel better soon!!

    BTW - I am right here in Stone Ridge! We should have a play date some time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry! I thought I commented to you - oops! I havent had an ear infection since I was a baby - but I can imagine it just aches. Sounds like you had it bad. Did it hurt to lay down?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...