Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Best Birthday Presents

Saturday was my 35th birthday and it was such a special day for me. We had yummy cake in the afternoon and then played a while in the nursery. We decided to film a little and Libby started taking more steps! Later that day, she kept trying over and over again and really liked that we praised her each time. So much that she took a step, sat down, and clapped for herself. Drew was so jealous. He tried to take a few steps himself and started clapping, too. Of course, we praised him a lot, too! Here we are playing and I laugh at how many different sides of Libby you'll see:


I got some sweet birthday cards, a Sephora gift certificate, and some pretty earrings from Maw Maw (I'm wearing them in the photos). That night, Auntie Shan came over to babysit while Darrell and I went to dinner (Austin Grill) and a movie (The Dark Knight). We wondered if we were going to go since as soon as we were about to leave, we had a really bad thunderstorm with hail and winds. It was a little scary for about an hour. Luckily it cleared up and we were on our way. Dinner and the movie were both really good and we were so thankful that Shannon offered to babysit, especially until so late (the movie was 2.5 hours long)! This was a very special birthday for me!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I can't believe they are taking steps... YAY!! How cute is that?! Funny how Libby is so much more vocal than Drew. Girls! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how big they are! And it's amazing to watch her communicate and talk so very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...