Poor Libby was sick all weekend and wouldn't you know it was the weekend we were invited to 2 birthday parties. On Sunday morning, Drew seemed to be feeling fine-- just a slight drippy nose here and there. But he played like normal, so I brought him to Charlie's Carnival Birthday party while Darrell stayed home with Libby. We had so much fun just the 2 of us. We really need to try and do that more often because it was just so special for both of us. Anyway, Drew was a little hesitant to leave my side for quite a while because there was so much to look at-- a moon bounce, carousel, pony, carnival games, cotton candy, and kids galore. It was fun! He wasn't too interested in the Moon Bounce at all, so we ditched that. We ate some PBJ sandwiches (did I already blog that the pediatrician has given us the green light for PB??-- they LOVE it), rode the carousel, and then took a ride on the pony. Here are some photos from the Carnival (don't you love his preppy outfit? That was one of my favorite Carter's store purchases this summer!)
It was great, but I was sorry that Libby had to miss it. But I did a little research and found a big farm with the largest pumpkin patch about 30 miles from here. The website says they have farm animals and ponies, too. So, I would like to try and check that out next weekend. It should be a beautiful drive down Rt. 50, plus the leaves are starting to change, so it should be nice.
We left the party pooped and as I put Drew into his carseat, I noticed his nose started to REALLY run. Oh no! We decided to skip the next party that afternoon and spent the rest of the day, night, and today going through about a case of Kleenex with both of them! Fortunately for Drew, there was no croupy cough from him. Just an icky nose. This afternoon we went for a bike ride to get some fresh air. They have grown so much since the last time we used the trailer (this summer) because we had to adjust the helmets and seatbelts. They seemed to like it much better this time!

I love how they are looking at each other here... but I wonder what they are thinking!
Glad you got some mommy and son time, although I'm sure you were missing Libby. I love it when we get one on one time here. Those are really cute pictures, especially Drew's preppy outfit. Looks like he's ready to go golfing :). That bike trailer looks super fun!
ReplyDeleteI like one on one time too...although I've only had it twice. *L* Cute outfit and what a fun party! Love the helmet picture too...heehee!
ReplyDeleteHow special to have that time together! I should try and do the same. Hey!! Brandon had that same sweater from Carters for Easter! It was my favorite:)
ReplyDelete