Libby had been back to more jibber-jabber jargon with more signing and less words the last 2 weeks. She has many words she uses, but her speech is definitely not as intelligible as Drew's. But she's still developing quite normally, so we have no concerns about that. Well, now she's starting to come out of her shell more and more. She is now calling me "Mommy" instead of "Mama"- funny since I refer to myself as "Mama". She's also naming more pictures in our storybooks and can say them quite clearly most of the time. But she has different words and approximations for things, like "ami" for "snowman". Some VERY clear words I heard for the first time today were MY, MINE!! So, I can check off that she is beginning to use pronouns! We've actually been practicing those a little. I ask, "Who's Mama's sweet girl/boy?" and they respond, "ME!" We're also trying yes/no, but for some reason, they don't care about those at all right now. Baby steps... She is now blowing kisses, playing cutie-pie peek-a-boo (being shy and making a sweet face), running up for hugs, and laughing like crazy when she gets the chance to either run naked after a bath or get raspberry kisses or tickles on her belly. She still has that hot temper, though. Ooooooowwweeee, and it's spicy! ;)
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Baby Geniuses
... at least I think they are! I am so amazed by the growth of Libby and Drew's language lately. Today, Drew put these words together-- Mama, more cracker please-- spontaneously. He is always using related words, but not necessarily in a string. For example, while getting PJ's on tonight, he said... book, Elmo, read, all done, night night. So, he's getting sequences of events, too. Tonight we did something fun- we let them read the stories tonight and it was so cute to hear Drew read the Elmo book about balls. He started saying words that we have read from it. On 1 page, it talks about how most balls are round, but some are not. I thought this was a difficult concept and usually don't spend much time on that page. I couldn't see what page he was on, but knew instantly when he said, "balls, basketball, baseball, balls round, football not round, no no." I couldn't believe it.
Libby had been back to more jibber-jabber jargon with more signing and less words the last 2 weeks. She has many words she uses, but her speech is definitely not as intelligible as Drew's. But she's still developing quite normally, so we have no concerns about that. Well, now she's starting to come out of her shell more and more. She is now calling me "Mommy" instead of "Mama"- funny since I refer to myself as "Mama". She's also naming more pictures in our storybooks and can say them quite clearly most of the time. But she has different words and approximations for things, like "ami" for "snowman". Some VERY clear words I heard for the first time today were MY, MINE!! So, I can check off that she is beginning to use pronouns! We've actually been practicing those a little. I ask, "Who's Mama's sweet girl/boy?" and they respond, "ME!" We're also trying yes/no, but for some reason, they don't care about those at all right now. Baby steps... She is now blowing kisses, playing cutie-pie peek-a-boo (being shy and making a sweet face), running up for hugs, and laughing like crazy when she gets the chance to either run naked after a bath or get raspberry kisses or tickles on her belly. She still has that hot temper, though. Ooooooowwweeee, and it's spicy! ;)
Libby had been back to more jibber-jabber jargon with more signing and less words the last 2 weeks. She has many words she uses, but her speech is definitely not as intelligible as Drew's. But she's still developing quite normally, so we have no concerns about that. Well, now she's starting to come out of her shell more and more. She is now calling me "Mommy" instead of "Mama"- funny since I refer to myself as "Mama". She's also naming more pictures in our storybooks and can say them quite clearly most of the time. But she has different words and approximations for things, like "ami" for "snowman". Some VERY clear words I heard for the first time today were MY, MINE!! So, I can check off that she is beginning to use pronouns! We've actually been practicing those a little. I ask, "Who's Mama's sweet girl/boy?" and they respond, "ME!" We're also trying yes/no, but for some reason, they don't care about those at all right now. Baby steps... She is now blowing kisses, playing cutie-pie peek-a-boo (being shy and making a sweet face), running up for hugs, and laughing like crazy when she gets the chance to either run naked after a bath or get raspberry kisses or tickles on her belly. She still has that hot temper, though. Ooooooowwweeee, and it's spicy! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats so sweet! The are really getting good! This is what Nicholas and Celia are doing now. Those strings of words as early sentences are so cool now that they make sense. It would be awesome to hear what they are thinking that they can't quite say yet. Precious!
ReplyDelete