Twice a year, the club holds a big giant clothes/baby goods sale. Although we don't need any more gear, I like to go for clothes and books/games for my preschool students. Since I'm a member, I got to go and shop 30 minutes earlier than the general public. You would have thought that they were giving out bars of gold there or something. It was a madhouse! There were people everywhere and you literally got trapped down 1 aisle and couldn't move and there were kids and babies with strollers, and dads looking aggravated while the moms hunted for bargains. I didn't find very much clothing that wasn't worn out or blah or a good price. But I was able to get some gently used jeans for 50 cents and Drew will love them. I did get some games and toys for cheap, including Crocodile Dentist, which will be great with my dentist unit in a few weeks. There were a lot of items and gifts new in original packaging-- photo albums, frames, etc. I got 1 big photo album that was brand new and adorable-- for $1! I love a good bargain.
I also found these 2 things that I have debated about getting for a while now. I've seen other moms using them and wondered if they are borderline child abuse. I'm talking about those kiddy "leashes"-- where the child wears a cute backpack stuffed animal with a harness and its tail is a long leash. They were $4 each and brand new, so I bought them. We tried them out when I got home and they loved them! They were all over the place and wore them for a really long time. I still can't decide if they are just wrong or a great idea for moms, especially those of multiples. Hmmm... thoughts??
What a cute little monkey and bear :). We have these same ones. I never really go much use out of them since it was easier to hold their hands, but I will say it came in handy on our Disneyland trip. Since then they have just become fun backpacks for them to wear.
ReplyDeletewe have a monkey and dog. We used them a bunch last summer to help teach them to walk with us. I liked having them - just some extra security. I say go for it! And thats awesome you got to go to a multiples sale. I don't think I've seen one in our area - they are all in milwaukee. I can imagine the mad-house though!
ReplyDelete