One Fall tradition we have as a family (as does the rest of the entire DC area) is to attend the Cox Farms Fall Festival. Luckily, we live right down the street from it, so we were able to head over there one Sunday evening before closing. We had a lot of fun sliding down slides, feeding the goats, and taking a wagon ride in the forest. Drew is still pretty scared of things. I hope it's just a phase. He seems to talk himself through things, but if something scares him, he will talk about it for weeks afterward. One of the slides there had a Jack and the Beanstalk theme. There were the giant's hands at the very top, which were "giant" and a looping soundtrack of him laughing. Only it was really slowed down, so it was a deep voice that sounded kinda spooky. We tried to tell him over and over that he was safe and even showed him the radio speakers and tried to explain it to him. The employee even told him it wasn't real. But then again, he is only 3! But he is still talking about it at times... "I won't go on the giant slide next year, okay, Mama?" "He's not a real giant, but he is a BAD giant." "I don't like those hands, Mama. Those giant hands were scary." I feel bad like we have completely traumatized him since it's been a couple of weeks and he's still mentioning it!
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Cox Farms Fall Festival 2010
October came and went in a flash. It hasn't felt like Fall until just recently since we had unusually warm weather. But we're finally having chilly days and nights and beautiful foliage everywhere.
One Fall tradition we have as a family (as does the rest of the entire DC area) is to attend the Cox Farms Fall Festival. Luckily, we live right down the street from it, so we were able to head over there one Sunday evening before closing. We had a lot of fun sliding down slides, feeding the goats, and taking a wagon ride in the forest. Drew is still pretty scared of things. I hope it's just a phase. He seems to talk himself through things, but if something scares him, he will talk about it for weeks afterward. One of the slides there had a Jack and the Beanstalk theme. There were the giant's hands at the very top, which were "giant" and a looping soundtrack of him laughing. Only it was really slowed down, so it was a deep voice that sounded kinda spooky. We tried to tell him over and over that he was safe and even showed him the radio speakers and tried to explain it to him. The employee even told him it wasn't real. But then again, he is only 3! But he is still talking about it at times... "I won't go on the giant slide next year, okay, Mama?" "He's not a real giant, but he is a BAD giant." "I don't like those hands, Mama. Those giant hands were scary." I feel bad like we have completely traumatized him since it's been a couple of weeks and he's still mentioning it!
One Fall tradition we have as a family (as does the rest of the entire DC area) is to attend the Cox Farms Fall Festival. Luckily, we live right down the street from it, so we were able to head over there one Sunday evening before closing. We had a lot of fun sliding down slides, feeding the goats, and taking a wagon ride in the forest. Drew is still pretty scared of things. I hope it's just a phase. He seems to talk himself through things, but if something scares him, he will talk about it for weeks afterward. One of the slides there had a Jack and the Beanstalk theme. There were the giant's hands at the very top, which were "giant" and a looping soundtrack of him laughing. Only it was really slowed down, so it was a deep voice that sounded kinda spooky. We tried to tell him over and over that he was safe and even showed him the radio speakers and tried to explain it to him. The employee even told him it wasn't real. But then again, he is only 3! But he is still talking about it at times... "I won't go on the giant slide next year, okay, Mama?" "He's not a real giant, but he is a BAD giant." "I don't like those hands, Mama. Those giant hands were scary." I feel bad like we have completely traumatized him since it's been a couple of weeks and he's still mentioning it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.