Saturday, February 12, 2011

Man of Steel

In case you didn't know, Darrell and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Feb. 5th! I love that our anniversary is before Valentine's Day because we usually get to spend it together while avoiding all the other couples out on Valentine's night. Brenda, Libby and Drew's sitter, offered to babysit them that night. We took her up on it!

We went to Fairfax Corner that rainy and freezing cold night for dinner and a movie. We decided to try out a new Italian restaurant, Ozzie's Corner Italian, by a local chain of really good restaurants. They did not disappoint! We started with a drink in the bar and I had the yummiest Limoncello Martini. I wish I would have taken a photo of it b/c it was beautiful and delicious, too. The only problem is that I couldn't really taste the alcohol too much. That's when I knew to stop at one! Darrell had a draft beer and right when we finished, we sat at our table.

I had meatballs and Darrell had Chicken Parmesan. In case you ever need to answer random trivia questions about Darrell, know that he almost always orders that dish in any even sort-of Italian restaurant! Both were delicious and we had a nice time just catching up.

After that, we went to see the recently Oscar nominated movie "The King's Speech" and it was great. It is about King George VI of England, who was also a stutterer. Colin Firth played the part and Geoffrey Rush was his speech therapist. Both deserve an Oscar because they were great in each role.

When we went to pick up the kids at 11:00, I snuck up to the door thinking they'd definitely be asleep. WRONG! They had so much fun playing and making brownies and watching "Beverly Hills Chihuahua II" and running around with Brenda's daughter, Brianna. Drew was excited to see me but wouldn't you know Libby started screaming that she didn't want to come home with us! She is something else.

Another neat fact about Darrell is that he never forgets an occasion, always has a card ready for me, and usually is clever enough to give me the traditional anniversary gift for each year (Year 1=paper, etc.) He didn't disappoint this year. Would you know that year 10 is steel. I thought he'd never be able to find something and I wasn't interested in a new set of pots! Guess what that little rascal did... he showed up with those cabinet organizers I had my eye on. I was surprised and it was perfect! It's installed and is now it stores the kids' plastic dishes. Easily accessible for them and durable, too. My man of steel is the best! ;)

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the wedding aniversary! and darrell ordering chicken parm everywhere must run in our family because i do the same!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...