I cannot believe I have not updated the blog in 12 days! That is such a long time. Well, it has been a pretty hectic couple of weeks around here. As you all know, I had an ear infection a few weeks ago. It started in the outer ear, progressed quickly and very painfully to the inner ear until my eardrum ruptured at 4 AM one night. That was lovely. I told Darrell I would have rather go through 4 more c-sections than to have that kind of pain again. Even the pain pills left over from my c-section did nothing for the pain. Luckily, the antibiotics kicked in a few days later and now I can pretty much hear again. The loud tinnitus I had is also dissipating. I had the audiologist at my office check me out and she said the eardrum had ruptured, but my hearing and middle ear compliance was ok. Thank goodness for that!
Then, L&D had a stomach bug which they passed to Darrell and me a few days later. A few days after that, I lost my voice for about 4 days. It's coming back now and suddenly D is having the same issue today. Then, Drew ran a fever last night for some reason. Fortunately, it broke quickly with Tylenol. He was pretty fussy, though. Poor baby.
Then we had some family drama-- with our first child, that is. Cleo (our cat) is 14 years old and has had some bladder control issues. This story could get really long, so to make it short, we brought her to the shelter thinking she was miserable with us b/c of the babies' arrival. For 2 solid days, Darrell and I were so upset thinking we were the most horrible people ever. So, we called and went back to get her and have been enjoying her ever since. She has changed for the better already and is coming around and loving on us and the babies more often. She even comes to visit them during their bath at night. It's really cute since L&D are really noticing and wanting to play with her. I know we did the right thing by bringing her back home. I've had her so long-- even before Darrell was around! In fact, she's purring right next to me on the couch. I was thinking that maybe she was peeing in there for a reason-- since I do believe that everything does happen for a reason-- because she knew I could get the wood floors I've been wanting since we moved in this house 1 1/2 years ago! The materials were delivered today and they are going to look so nice! Except now I need to pick out an area rug for under the dining room table. Hey, Cleo-- stay off that one, okay?
Okay, put down your tissues and listen to the newest things L&D have learned...
1. Drew now waves bye-bye!!! After weeks of me doing it every single morning, he did it out of the blue on Wednesday. It was so exciting. He is crawling all over, especially in the bathtub.
2. Libby is clapping all the time and it is precious to watch. She now loves it when I make the "Native American" sound of tapping my hand over my mouth while saying "ahhhhh". Anyway, she's tapping her hand on her own mouth, but won't phonate. Baby steps... She also loves to give kisses now. Except she likes to lick you with a wide open mouth. So cute b/c her face just lights up. She is so adorable when she smiles like that! She is still just scooting (and barely) but she's always been the diva around here.
3. The babies now take their bath together in the big tub! They love having so much room, too. Except that Drew loves not being so contained and tends to try and grab and touch anything and everything except the 100 or so toys we put in there. We've also had him dive face first a few times, too. You'd think he'd learn the first time that you really can't breathe underwater!
That's all for now, but it certainly is a lot for 12 days, right?
Welcome back! Thanks for the update. :) Glad everyone is happy & healthy!
ReplyDeleteOh my where to start?? i was thinking of all these responses as I was reading and now I blanked! lol
ReplyDeleteI am glad Cleo is being a good kitty now! Maybe she realized she better shape up. lol
You should post a before and after picture of the dining room!
Yay for Libby and Drew!
I missed you! So nice to hear all the things Libby and Drew are doing:) Glad everyone is feeling better. Hmmm, I love hard wood flooring! I agree, you need to take before and after pics:)
ReplyDeleteYay, I'm glad you posted! I would love to see your floors, I absolutely love anything to do with remodeling, decorating, etc. I'm so glad you got your cat back, that was probably a hard decision to make. How cute that Libby makes the "native american" noise - my two do that too! Glad you are feeling better too!
ReplyDelete