Thursday, June 19, 2008

1st Day Home!

I've officially finished work for the summer and today is my first day home with L&D. I have been missing them so much lately since being back to work all school year. So far, they've had a great day. Of course, it's only 11 AM, so I would hope they would have a good day so far. Right now they are taking their morning nap. The sitter told me that Libby has basically been transitioning down to this nap only. Drew, however, still likes his 2 naps (as do I). I'm listening to them on the monitor now and am trying hard to stay awake since listening to their heavy breathing. So relaxing...

Since I am going to be home now, I hope to update the blog more often. I can't remember the last time we took out the camera. Although we did get some video footage of Libby cleaning the tile wall in the bathtub. That is her new thing. She stands up with a washcloth and wipes (more like slaps) the wall with her cloth. It is so funny and she thinks so, too, as she cracks up laughing. I'm getting excited thinking that I may be able to cancel our cleaning lady in a few years if Libby is that interested in cleaning. Will save momma some dough! ;)

The sitter also told me that Libby had been standing by herself the past few days. She hasn't done this with us yet, but we have only tried a few times. She has just exploded with progress lately. I'm hoping that her mobility will catch up. Speaking of, we're going to have the Early Intervention evaluation on July 9th. I wonder where she'll be by then-- maybe won't even qualify!

Libby is also having her preop appt tomorrow for her eye surgery on the 25th. I can't wait until that is over and done with. This is perfect timing, too, because the opthamologist wanted to remove it before she was walking since she would be more likely to fall on it and burst it or something.

Drew is becoming more verbal daily. Today he actually called me "Momma" over and over and with intent this time. He's been doing that for months, but when I was putting Libby in her crib, he was laying down in his behind me. He woke up and pulled on my shirt saying, "Momma" and smiling. I turned around and he said it again. Made my heart melt. He is picking up more and more words and loves to imitate yours. Libby is using more and more signs, so I'm pleased with their language skills thus far.

Okay-- off to do some chores before the babies wake up. More later (hopefully with photos, too)...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing work for the summer! I just got caught up on your blog. The video is so cute. I was thinking about a tunnel for the boys. Good luck with Libby's surgery. I'm sure she will come through with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are home now for the summer! I hope Libby's surgery goes really well, and the recovery is fast. I'll be checking in to hear about that. So sweet that Drew is saying momma, I agree about it melting your heart. It's the best feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...