I am looking into the future and can hear these words coming from the back of the car... "You're not the boss of me!" Know how I can predict this? It's easy... my little boy Drew, who was once the quiet and reserved baby, has officially come out of his shell. I mean, WAY out. He has been driving Libby mad by being the brother-- you know, pulling hair, tackling her, etc. He also loves to take any and everything away from her, which really gets her going. If I try to intervene and then have them practice "take turns" by giving him the toy, he no longer wants it. It's only desirable if also desirable by Libby at that very moment.
Along these lines, I've been so amazed at L&D's language skills lately. They are both understanding, speaking, and signing a lot more. Well, Drew is really picking up words-- you know, the cute ones--- like Mama (with intent) as he was pulling on my shirt and then calling me over the monitor once he awoke from a nap. He also says "Daddy" on occasion, "ball", and makes a cute meowing sound for "cat". The other day he picked up "book" and has been using it. I wanted to get this along with my favorite time of day-- storytime in our bed-- on video. So I pulled out the camera one night. He said book a few times after Daddy. Awwww. But then, right after that-- well, I don't want to spoil it for you-- he says the dreaded word that I thought he would not use until much later. Take a look at this video and watch carefully as Libby approaches Drew to see what he is reading...
Cute video! It's odd for me to see books in such good shape. Ours are all taped together with the spines and pages ripped or chewed. Jakes favorite thing to do is rip the book in half and give the other half to Zack. *L*
ReplyDeleteI heard it! He meant it! LOL! B&F are always taking things from each other. SIGH I am sure it will only get worse! You are right... we have a future of some serious fighting in the back seat one day! LOL
ReplyDeleteTAG!
ReplyDeletehttp://webbmania.blogspot.com/2008/06/6-quirks-meme.html
IT will be so funny to see what happens in the next few years. lol What a nice time reading in the cozy bed!
ReplyDelete