Saturday, September 20, 2008
FINALLY Drew takes his first steps!!!
Today we decided to have L&D try on the cute monster Halloween costumes I bought to be sure they fit. They do and are so cute on them!!! I wanted to take pictures and post them, but want to leave it as a surprise on Halloween. They are a little bulky so Drew didn't know what to do (think of the little brother all dressed in his snow suit in the movie A Christmas Story-- a classic!). All of a sudden, he was just standing there for several seconds. Then, we went to look in the long-view mirror and you won't believe it, but he took about 3-4 steps over to see himself!!!! We just about did cartwheels to praise him and he was really motivated by this. He kept trying and trying, but only with the darn costume on! What's the deal with that? I told Darrell I'd keep it on him all weekend if it weren't thick and very hot to wear. I'm so happy for my little Drew-- FINALLY! Funny thing is that once when he was taking steps, he actually pivoted his foot to turn and walk the other way. Now, you mean to tell me that he didn't have the skills in that little body of his? I tell ya... it's all about confidence, so hopefully he's getting some!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow thats so awesome!!! Way to go Drew!!! SO are both of them walking now??? I can't wait to see a video of them walking!
ReplyDeleteYAY Drew!! I am so happy:)
ReplyDeleteMaybe we can get together in Oct for a playdate at my house. What do you think? Maybe one Saturday? I will cook lunch!