Thursday, September 11, 2008

They're Getting Brave

L&D are growing so quickly, which means they are learning new things every day. Libby is now walking more and more and getting better balance. Drew is becoming an expert at walking on his knees all over. Too funny!

Drew is picking up and using more and more words daily. Here's a list (of what I can even remember) that he says:
book, ball, eeoowww (cat), kack kack (duck), fish, moah (more), ball, Dada, Mama, car, baby, kacker (cracker), up, bye-bye, go, no, cheese
Signs he uses: cheese, milk, cookie (uses it for cracker, though), Daddy

Libby isn't quite as intelligible yet, but the words she uses (that we understand) include:
eeeee (cat), Dada, bush (for flower), Mama, bye-bye
She uses a few signs, too: more, eat, cracker, milk, Daddy, bath

Both have learned how to turn the TV on and off and on and off and on... until Mommy and Daddy outsmarted them with a purchase of a plastic "TV Guard" from Babies R Us! I'm actually jealous of the millionaire who invented it b/c it really isn't rocket science with a $6 piece of clear plastic. Now they try to touch the buttons through the clear plastic and it's kind of mean, actually, because they don't really get why the TV won't go on or off!

While I was at Babies R Us, I noticed they had more Halloween costumes out. Last year, it got a little tricky to find costumes in the stores b/c they sold out so fast. So, this year, I'm acting early! I got 2 cute monster ones-- 1 hot pink and 1 blue. And I'm sure that this will be the last year that I will be able to put them in cutesy matchey outfits of my choice!

Another cute thing Drew is doing is making monkey noises if I ask him, "Are you a monkey?" He gets so excited with "oooh--ooh--eeee--aaahhh"! But here's the funnies thing--- today Darrell was driving them to the sitter and heard a humming sound and felt a breeze. Yup-- Drew figured out how to open the back window using his foot. It went up, down, up some, down more, and on and on. Time to activate the child window and door locks in the cars!

3 comments:

  1. wow they are really talking a lot now! Thats great! I can't wait to see their halloween costumes. We still need to get Celia one. Nicholas has a green dinosaur costume from a rummage sale.
    Those TV guards work well then? What a simple invention!
    Way to go Drew opening the window. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Quite the little talkers! B & F are not using many words at all.
    I need to get a couple of those tv guards. Faith LOVES to turn the tv on and off. Brandon figured out the window in the car too. I put the child locks on and he gets SO MAD when the window will not work any more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our tv buttons are on the side up high so they can't reach them but we got one of those same guards for the vcr and they ripped it right off. sheesh... so up to the top it went and now we have this ugly hole where the vcr used to be. They like tp stuff their toys in there. *L* Mine haven't figured out the car window yet...I'm sure that's coming! Good job on all the words and the signing! Everyones babies are so smart and growing so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...