Friday night at dinner, Libby looked wierd-- sluggish as if she were sedated. She was so groggy and almost fell asleep in her plate. I picked her up and she was hot all over. So, I gave her Motrin and put her to bed. She slept and slept and slept. She was still warm on Saturday, but no fever on Sunday. Still very groggy with little appetite, though. She was grouchy this AM, but seemed to be getting better. But during bath tonight, I noticed she had a rash all over her trunk. I suspect
Fifth Disease, but will call the pediatrician tomorrow morning. She has been up a lot tonight and wants me to just stand there or rub her back. Poor thing! It seems that by the time a child gets the rash, the virus is no longer contagious. I called the sitter and no one else has had a rash or even had fever in the last several weeks. I could have brought it home from one of my students, though. Let's just pray that Drew is not next!

Speaking of my little boy, Drew, he is something else! Saturday night, I went up at 11 PM before I was going to bed and did my usual check of L&D. I looked into Drew's crib and saw him like this:

I had to run out the room and get Darrell and we both had to control ourselves from laughing hysterically. The little stinker took his pj pants and diaper off (notice them above his head). Guess he was hot or something! Well, I carefully got them back on, but should have known better. That's because the next AM, he surprised us yet again-- with the pants and DIRTY diaper off. Too bad he decided to learn how to finger paint with other medium. It was so digusting, but at least now I can say both of my kids have done this (Libby beat him to the punch several months ago). I hear that a lot of babies/toddlers have done this, but it doesn't make it any less icky! EEEEWWWWW
Drew's picture is HILARIOUS. I am so glad you snuck a picture of that! How funny!!!
ReplyDeletePoor Libby :( Hopefully Drew doesn't get it. I would take that over puking though!
OMG Katie! That picture of Drew's little bum is soooooo funny! Priceless! And poor Libby. I hope it goes as quickly as it came. :(
ReplyDeleteOh no! How is Libby doing??
ReplyDeleteCUTE pic of Drew! LOL
As you know, we have had the stinky finger paint sessions too. Onesies has solved the problem for now - but if they figure out how to remove those then I am in big trouble!