Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Lovin' It (well, not really)


Yesterday, when I got home in the van, Drew went up to the grill, pointed to the Honda logo and said, "Mama, Old MacDonald's!" Darrell and I looked at one another wondering how in THE WORLD he knew what the golden arches looked like and what they stood for since we've only been there a few times. Plus, each time we went through the drive thru. So I decided to ask him to clarify hoping that he meant that the "H" looked like a fence on Old McDonald's farm (wishful thinking). I asked, "What is Old MacDonald's?" Then he replied, "Chicken nuggets, mama. Old MacDonald's chicken nuggets!" We laughed but are still wondering what power those execs at McDonald's have to be able to target two-year-olds with their brand. Guess they should be paid a lot since it worked so well! Or maybe my Drew is just a little genius with the memory of an elephant and remembered us saying the name or something. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Katie, my boys have the amazing ability to spot a McD's from 2 miles away. Its insane because we have only been there a couple of times too, We rarely eat out, so if we do take advantage of eating ot, its certainly not always going to be McD's! The only thing I can figure is when I was pregnant with them thats the only thing I could eat when I was so sick. I know, crazy right? I would be in the drive thru hanging my head out the window, but I knew if I could get one bit of one of their cheap little burgers I would feel better! The workers thought I was crazy! So, maybe that rubbed off on them? Glad we aren't the only ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...