Wednesday, July 2, 2008

15-month Checkup

As I typed the title of this post, I still cannot believe that my babies are 15 months old (well, actually not until Friday). Time has just flown by and I know it won't stop anytime soon. Yesterday was so hectic because we had 2 doctor's appointments-- 1 for Libby's surgery follow-up and then for their well-baby checkup. Of course, both were at horrible times (right during naps) and Libby napped a total of ZERO minutes yesterday. I know they were overtired because they did not go down easily for bedtime at 7:00. Usually, they have no problem at all. So today we're hanging out at home getting back to our routine.

Overall, both babies are doing well:

Drew has gained 2 lbs. since starting the Zantac, so we're going to keep him on that for a little while longer and then try to take him off. Actually, we're out of it and waiting for our disastrous-mail-in-prescription company to ship it and probably won't get it until next week. So, it should be a nice time to see is he regresses or not.
His stats: Height= 31 1/4" (55 %ile); Weight= 20 lbs, 5 1/4 oz. (up to the 5th %ile now, which is progress); Head circumference= 18" (10 %ile)

Libby is right on target with everything and her incision is healing nicely. Her surgeon said that she was a little more purple than usual, but it is of no concern. I told him he should have seen her 3 or so days ago-- it was REALLY purple. Her pediatrician noted something about her new top front teeth coming in. The one on her right is coming out normally, but the one on her left looks to be a smaller width- almost like it is another tooth, not the front one (which should be wider). It almost looks as if it were chipped. Dr. said that we'd keep an eye on it and see what happens once it is all the way out. I'm going to try and take some photos. I'm just hoping it's not another thing that Libby will have to have surgery on. Poor baby has been through enough already!

Her stats: Height= 30 3/4" (55 %ile); Weight= 22 lbs, 14 1/2 oz. (50 %ile); Head circumference= 18" (75 %ile)

It's interesting to see their stats have stayed in proportion since they were born. He has always been a smidge taller while she has weighed a little more.

They had to get FOUR shots (2 in each arm), too. They had 2 nurses and we went into separate rooms for more room. I was with Drew holding him and he got through the 1st one without any reaction. The second-- a little crying; third-- more crying which broke my heart. Then the nurse says, "Now this last one is the one that really hurts and burns." GREAT. She wasn't kidding. He screamed worse than I have ever seen-- I mean EVER. I felt so horrible and just held and rocked him. But the amazing thing is that I signed and said, "All done," and he instantly calmed down. I'm telling you-- those signs have really worked for us. But he still had the "shakes" cry-- where he stopped crying, but has those gasps every once in a while. Poor boo-boo. I heard Libby through the wall and Darrell said she screamed on the same one as Drew. But she was pretty much calm when I came back in the room. She's a tough little girl (and has a little more "meat" on her arms)! I thought they would be tired as they have been from previous shots, but it didn't seem to affect them at all. I'm just cringing thinking of the days when we have to hold them down while they get shots!

1 comment:

  1. WEll luckily the # of shots they get will surely be less! So you won't have to go through this as much. Drew is the same height as Celia was at 15 months (I had to go look at their height/weight from then). But I think Libby was just a small # of oz heavier than Nicholas.
    I wonder why Libby's one tooth is smaller? If its just a goofy tooth, at least its a baby tooth and in a # of years it will fall out anyway. I've never noticed it in any pictures of her though?
    Glad her cut is healing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...