Saturday, July 5, 2008
We've Got A Molar!
Drew has been a real bear the past few days. His pediatrician said his gums were really red and swollen and to prepare for the 1st molars. Well, she was right. Poor baby has been so cranky and tired. Libby woke up from nap before him and woke him up before he was ready. He just sat in the play area with us and just cried at nothing. A little Motrin along with swinging with Daddy on the front porch swing helped and he was ready for dinner. Bath (his favorite time) was hard for him as he just cried and chewed on a washcloth. When I was putting on his pj's, I could see part of the tooth coming through on the right side. I had forgotten that baby molars are closer to the front than adult ones! After a book, it was time for bed. But,he couldn't fall asleep as he just sat and rocked himself back and forth and cried and cried (that miserable cry). I had to go in and rock him for a few minutes. That was nice for me b/c I haven't rocked my babies in a while. The only bad thing was that Libby was quite jealous and just stood in her crib saying, "Mama, mama." This is the first time I've heard her call me! I guess she does has some words after all (she mostly signs). She wanted a turn, so she started signing "more"-- I guess the only one in her repetoire that would work in this situation. I gave her some special attention, too, and then they were off to sleep like little angels...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.