We went to an oral surgeon listed on our insurance yesterday. His office was a bit over-the-top as it is like a hip spa in NYC except located in Fairfax, VA. I mean, there were tree logs hanging on the wall like art, a water fountain, magazines I've never even heard of (real trendy and hip) all rolled up into glass vases, fresh flowers, modern looking lighting and hip music playing on the radio (like alternative). I filled out paperwork that was all in lowercase chocolate brown print and gave it to the 20-year-old receptionist. She commented on my crocs flip flops that have bows on them. She said she's not a crocs fan, but these were cute and wondered if I embellished them myself. Gee, thanks... no, I didn't and BTW... once you have children, you may not want to wear your high heels on a Friday afternoon to push them both in a wide stroller that doesn't fit through your hip and cool office building.
We were led back to a tight office with a glass desk. Babies were fussy since missing PM nap and another 20-year-old guy entered and when we told them why we were there, I honestly don't think he knew what we were talking about. He then asked if he could get us a drink (like in a spa). I wanted to say a gin and tonic at this point (if he would even know how to make it). The surgeon finally entered about 15 mins. later. Okay-- he's about 25, has gelled up semi-mohawkish hair, plaid jeans, Chuck T's, and a white labcoat on. I waited for him to say, "What's up?" But he was pretty knowledgable and I think he does know what he's doing. I just didn't get a good vibe from him or the rest of the office staff in their chocolate brown scrubs. It's just something in my gut.
I do still have an appt. with a big Oral Surgery practice with surgeons that are a little more experienced and seem to be more "traditional". I just went to this cool one (didn't know he was cool) because he could see us sooner. So, I'm gonna go to the other appt. on August 1st and hopefully we'll get a better vibe from him.
I realize I'm sounding pretty wishy-washy about the whole thing, but it's hard living in such a big area b/c you never know who you're gonna get. One of the times I wish we were back in LA-- b/c Pops could pull that tooth!
LOL! You made me laugh! I always wear flip flops or something I can slip on and go. I think I have lost all other shoes since the babies were born? And that was kind of a rude comment! It was like she was saying "oh pink! I don't like pink, but it looks good on you". What the?? You are not being wishy washy at all. I agree you should wait til Aug 1st, it is right around the corner!
ReplyDelete