Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MORE surgery on the way...

We went to the pediatric dentist today, took an x-ray, and saw Libby's nice extra tooth. Fortunately, her regular central incisor was there right under the tissue, but it was a little bit turned since this extra tooth was in its way. So, we need to take that "fang" tooth out ASAP. Also, she will have a upper labial frenectomy since the labial frenulum is connected too low. (Drew will have to have this done later on, too). Both will be done via a laser (since there's less bleeding and no need for sutures) and under IV sedation in the dentist's office next Friday (July 18). She said that her own son had similar surgery at 11 months, and she has operated on babies. That made me feel better.

Our next challenge is that our dental insurance is saying they will not cover the IV sedation. She's a baby-- what do they expect us to do to keep her still??? Darrell is going to try and call them tomorrow to get the details. Keep your fingers crossed that they do because it is VERY VERY expensive!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats ridiculous! I hope Darrell can figure that out with them! Sounds like it will be a quick surgery with easy recovery. Hope it goes real well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the surgery is just laser. I can't believe insurance is not wanting to cover the sedation. Insurances give me migraines. I'll pray that it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not covering sedation? What are you supposed to do, then? Just close your eyes and hope? Maybe *sign* for sedation?

    Anyway, I'm glad that the doctor has worked with babies before. And I'll think good thoughts for her. (and you.) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Libby!!

    They better cover sedation!! What else would you do? What are they thinking? I hate dealing with insurance. Good luck! My fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to Libby and Drew....I hate insurance and hate it when babies have to go through painful stuff. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...